Wednesday, November 24, 2010

MY PIE

I have officially changed this recipe SO MUCH, that this is now My Pie. :) It's a pecan pie with Kahlua and dark chocolate in it. I could die, I love this pie so much!

1/2c white sugar
1/2c brown sugar
1c light corn syrup
1/2c butter(1 stick)

4 eggs
1/4c Kahlua
1t vanilla
1/4t salt
1c chopped pecans

2 frozen pie shells(I buy them in the freezer aisle, or you could go with one deep dish)
6oz dark chocolate chips

1. Preheat your oven to 325

2. In a saucepan, combine sugars, corn syrup, and butter. Heat over medium heat, until butter is melted and sugars are dissolved. Set aside to cool a bit.

3. In a large bowl, beat four eggs. Whisk in the Kahlua, vanilla, and salt. Slowly pour in the sugar mixture, whisking constantly. Fold in pecans.

4. Spread the dark chocolate chips in the bottom of the pie shell(s). Pour mixture evenly into the pie shell(s).

5. Place pie(s) on a baking sheet(in case of spillover), and place in oven. Bake for 50-55 minutes, or until set and crust is golden.

6. The hardest part. Let it cool and set. I make this the night before and hae a really hard time not eating that night! :)

I hope you all love it! I am making two right now.

No comments: