I got a lot of good recipes from magazines that were donated to me while I was in the hospital. I'll only post the ones that a good. This recipe came from food network. It was a good low-fat alfredo recipe. It was also quick and easy to make. It took about 30 minutes.
Kosher Salt 12 oz fettuccine (whole wheat)3 Tbsp olive oil 1 Tbsp all-purpose flour
2 cloves garlic, minced 1 c cold low-fat milk2 zucchini, thinly sliced and halved 1/2 c evaporated non-fat milk
4-4oz skineless boneless checken breasts 3/4 c grated parmesan cheese
ground pepper 1/4 c chopped fresh parsley
1. Bring large pot of salted water to boil. Heat 1 Tbsp olive oil in nonstick skillet over medium heat. Add 1 clove garlic and cook 30 seconds. Add zucchini, cover and cook until tender, stirring, about 6 minutes. Transfer to bowl.
2. Heat another Tbsp of olive oil over med-high heat. Season chicken with salt and pepper and cook through. Transfer to plate.
3. Cook pasta according to directions on box. Drain but reserve 1/2 c cooking water.
4. Meanwhile, whisk flour and low-fat milk in bowl. Place remaining clove of garlic and 1 tbsp oil in skillet and cook over medium-high heat, 30 seconds. Add the flour milk mixture and bring to boil, stirring. Reduce heat to low and cook, stirring, 2 minutes. Add evaporate milk, 1/2 tsp salt, and cheese; sit to melt.
5. Cut the chicken into strips. Toss with pasta, sauce, zucchini, and parsley, adding reserved water to loosen.
Per serving: Calories 680; Fat 18g (Sat. 5g); Cholesterol 85 mg; Sodium 820 mg; Carbs 79g; Fiber 3g; Protein 49 g