Saturday, February 9, 2008

Mustard Glazed Salmon

I made this two nights ago, and both the hubby and kids loved it. I adapted my recipe from this one found at Food Network.com. I was missing some of the ingredients, and didn't want to use others, so this is how it worked for me:

Nonstick cooking spray
1lb fresh salmon
Salt and freshly ground black pepper
1tsp garlic powder
3/4tsp dried rosemary
3/4tsp dried thyme
1tbsp water
1tbsp extra-virgin olive oil
2tbsp Dijon mustard


*Line baking sheet with foil(for easy cleanup, not a must), spray with non-stick spray, and lay salmon in center.

*Sprinkle with fresh ground pepper and salt, and place under broiler for two minutes

*While broiling, combine remaining ingredients in a processor to make a paste. You can probably omit the water, this sauce did come out a bit runny.

*Remove salmon and spoon mustard mixture on top. Broil for another 5-7 minutes, until fish flakes likes it's supposed to.

I used a piece of salmon that was exactly one pound and there was a perfect amount of sauce, so this can be adjusted for larger or smaller pieces. Also, the recipe originally calls for fresh herbs, but the taste was just great with the dried ones, and I used water instead of wine, as we have none in the house right now. :)

No comments: