Tuesday, August 7, 2007

Spinach Chicken Parmesan


1/2c Parmesan Cheese
1/2c bread crumbs(italian seasoned, or add seasoning)
1 large egg
4 bnlss/sknlss chicken breasts
1/4c diced onions
4tsp flour
4tsp butter
2/3c milk
2(10oz)pkg frozen spinach, thawed and squeezed dry
6 slices mozzarella cheese
pasta and sauce of choice

*Preheat oven to 350F
*Rinse and pat dry the chicken breasts, place them between plastic wrap on a cutting board or counter and pound them to about 1/4 inch. They will look like they doubled in size, it was cool.
*Dip breasts in beaten egg, then in a mixture of the breadcrumbs and Parmesan cheese, and place in large casserole dish. I used my round baker from PC. Whitney's right, the bottom gets just as crisp as the tops in those things, no soggy chicken.
*In skillet, melt butter, add onions and brown, then stir in flour. Add milk all at once and continue to simmer and stir until bubbly. Stir in spinach and then spoon mixture onto each chicken breast. Place slices of mozzarella over chicken to cover(doesn't have to completely cover) the spinach mixture.
*Bake at 350F for 30-35 minutes until chicken is cooked through. I found I only needed the 30mins.
*Cook your pasta and warm sauce while chicken is in oven. Place a small mound of pasta on one side and slightly overlap with chicken breast, then spoon sauce across both. Pretty and pretty tasty!

This was a combo of several different Chicken Parm recipes from Allrecipes.com. I couldn't find one I really loved, so I mixed ingredients and techniques from about four of them. I served this with a mixed green salad and even Bubba was loving this chicken.

FYI: The Italian seasoning is to taste. I used the seasoned breadcrumbs and I thought it was perfect, but Matthew said he would like a little more kick. :)

1 comment:

Elizabeth said...

This looks good. Can't wait to try it!!