Sunday, April 20, 2008

Ty's Apple Dessert

Here is another dessert from the progressive dinner. I call it "Ty's Apple Dessert" b/c my father-in-law made it and gave me the recipe. It's super easy and goes great with vanilla ice cream. I also think you can easily cut down on the amount of sugar and butter used, but I'll give you the original recipe and you can decide.

2 apples (Granny Smith or Jonagold)
2 cans cresent rolls
cinnamon
2 sticks butter
2 cups sugar
splash of vanilla
pinch of salt
1 can 7-up or Sprite (I used Sprite Zero)

Preheat oven 350. Use 9x13 dish.

Peel and core apples. Slice in 8 pieces. Separate crescent rolls and place 1 apple slice in each roll and place seam side down in baking dish. Sprinkle with cinnamon.

In saucepan, melt butter over low heat, stir in sugar. Add vanilla and salt. Pour over rolls. Pour soda over this.

Bake 30 minutes. Let sit 45 minutes-1 hour to absorb liquid after removing from oven.

No comments: