Thursday, April 30, 2009

Meatloaf

A meatloaf hater(hubby) really enjoyed this recipe, so I thought I would share. :) I love meatloaf and this is one of my favorite variations. The ranch mix and french fried onions really add flavor. Even the kids like it, Bubba had seconds.

Loaf:
1 1/2 lbs ground beef
2 eggs beaten
1/4 c ketchup
1/2 a 6oz box of Stove Top
1 packet dry ranch dressing mix
1(2.8oz) can french fried onions
1tbsp Worcestershire sauce

Topping:
1/4c ketchup
1/4c Heinz 57

*Preheat oven to 350

*Mix first 7 ingredients in a bowl, then shape into a loaf and place in 9x5 inch loaf pan

*Cover loosely w/foil and bake 50-60 minutes

*In the last 5-10 minutes, remove foil and coat top with a mixture of ketchup and Heinz 57

*Let stand for at least 5-10 minutes before slicing and serving

1 comment:

Carrie said...

Oh, I am going to try this! My meatloaf hater hubby also likes the meatloaf I make which is very similiar just doesn't have the onion and things in it, just the stuffing. Thanks for sharing.