Friday, November 16, 2007

Don's Favorite Cranberry Salad

One year I spent Thanksgiving with my dear friend, Jenn's, family. They served this wonderful Cranberry Salad. It's been a part of my holidays ever since.

1 lb frozen cranberries
2 cups sugar
2 small boxes black cherry Jello*
2 cups boiling water
1 can undrained crushed pineapple
1 cup chopped pecans
8 oz cream cheese
8 oz cool whip

Grate frozen cranberries & add sugar. Dissolve Jello in boiling water. Add pineapple and pecans. Stir well and add to cranberry mixture. Pour half of cranberry mixture into bowl and put in fridge to set up. Mix well cream cheese & cool whip. Smooth cream cheese & cool whip on top of cranberry mixture. Add the remaining half to cranberry mixture on top of cream cheese mixture. Chill till firm.

*Sometimes it's hard to find Black Cherry Jello. I've substituted regular Cherry and Raspberry and Cranberry before. The last time I made this I found the Black Cherry in sugar-free only so I did one box of sugar-free and one regular Cherry.

No comments: