Friday, November 16, 2007

Roasted Rosemary-Onion Potatoes

This is my contribution to my families Thanksgiving Meal this year. I thought it would be a nice alternative to the traditional Mashed Potatoes. It's definitely more figure friendly.

4 medium potatoes (I'm using however many red potatoes equal that - for color)
1 small onion, finely chopped
2 tablespoons olive oil or vegetable oil
2 tablespoons fresh or 2 teaspoons dried rosemary leaves
1 tablespoons fresh or 1/4 teaspoons dried thyme leaves
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/8 teaspoon pepper

Heat oven to 450 degrees. Grease bottom and sides of jelly roll pan, 15 1/2 x 10 1/2 x 1 inch, with shortening.

Cut potatoes into 1 inch chunks. Mix remaining ingredients in large bowl. Add potatoes, toss to coat. Spread potatoes in single layer in pan.

Bake uncovered 20 to 25 minutes, turning occasionally, until potatoes are light brown and tender when pierced with fork.

I used my Pampered Chef Large Bar Pan so I didn't have to grease the pan or turn the potatoes. The potatoes came out perfectly!

No comments: