Friday, February 16, 2007

Hot Pizza Dip

I had forgotten that someone asked me to post this back at bunco time. Here it is!

8oz cream cheese
1tsp italian seasoning(I use Pizza&Pasta Magic)
1c shredded mozzerella
3/4c parmesan
8oz pizza sauce
1/4c diced bell pepper
sliced green onion(optional)

Preheat oven to 350degrees. Combine cream cheese and seasoning into bottom of mini baker(small baking dish if you don't have the stoneware)

combine Parmesan and mozzarella in small bowl, sprinkle half on top of cream cheese mixture

spread pizza sauce over cheese and cover with remaining cheese

bake for 15-20min until bubbly and hot and top with bell peppers and onions

I have usually had this served with sliced baguette pieces, but the original PC recipe says you can use many types of bread both soft or toasted. I loved it on that spinach bread Chez brought. :)

2 comments:

Kim P. said...

I love this recipe, too. Joe thought last time I made it that it didn't have enough sauce to cheese ratio, so I added some extra sauce and it tasted great!

Chez said...

Shout out to Great Harvest Bread Company, home of the much acclaimed spinach feta bread. The cinnamon chip bread is equally tasty, but probably not with pizza dip. :)