Friday, February 2, 2007

Italian Pork Tenderloin

1 pork tenderloin
1/2 tsp. salt
1/2 tsp. pepper
1/2 tsp. garlic
1 cup Italian dressing

Put meat in bag with spices and shake. Add 1 cup Italian dressing and marinate for at least 3 hours. Preheat oven to 500. Put pork loin in a pan and cover with foil. Bake for 10 minutes, then turn oven off. It's ready 4 hours later.

Kim's tips: This recipe makes a very moist tenderloin which is why I like it. The above is the original recipe from my mother-in-law. When I've followed the recipe in my own oven the tenderloin didn't get cooked completely (when checked with a meat thermometer). So I've increased the bake time to 15 minutes and that seems to help. Each oven may be different so yours may work fine with the original recipe, but I'd double check with a meat thermometer. If you check it and it's not done, just turn the oven back on to about 400 and bake again until it's done.

Kim's anecdote: If for some reason you turn the timer off after 10-15 minutes but accidentally leave the oven on and go work out for 30 minutes, you may come back to a half burnt pork loin. Don't worry....you can scrape off the burnt part on the outside and people will still eat it (or pretend anyway). Of course I've never done anything like that...I'm a perfect cook! Ha ha!

No comments: