Sunday, June 10, 2007

Chocolate Chocolate Chip Cookies


This afternoon I mentioned that I wished we had something sweet to eat. I woke up from a nap to the sounds and smells of baking in the kitchen. My sweet husband was making me cookies!

Here's what he made me. They are Chocolate Chocolate Chip Cookies. They are really rich and so good.

1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
1/4 teaspoon salt
2 cups semisweet chocolate chips
6 tablespoons butter, softened
1 cup white sugar
1 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
2 eggs
1/2 cup confectioners' sugar

1. Combine four, baking powder and salt. Set aside.
2. Melt 1 cup of chocolate chips over low heat. Cream butter and sugar. Add melted chocolate chips and vanilla; beat in eggs; add flour mixture and remaining chocolate chips.
3. Wrap in plasti can freeze until firm (about 20 minutes)
4. Make small balls (1 inch); roll in confectionares' sugar. Place on ungreased cookie sheet and bake for 10-12 minutes at 350 degrees F . Cool on wire wrack.

I think the best part about these cookies is that I didn't have to clean up!

No comments: